Content

Monday, August 16, 2010

So Long, Tsuruoka

Written August 13, 17:00

I successfully vacated our apartment in Tsuruoka unseen, I think. I guess we'll see in about half an hour when Jeff meets me here at the station after checking out. I'm honestly sad to go. It was a great apartment. Light wood finishes isn't usually my taste, but it worked here. The apartment was small, yet functional. It had all the right amenities. Even more, it felt like my home away from home. All it was missing was a couple mischievous occies and some of my favorite cooking tools.

Jeff complains that there's nothing to do in Tsuruoka. He's right. That's what I love about it. No stress, no...things, just peace and calm. I guess it's true what they say, a cluttered desk is a cluttered mind, or something like that. The apartment is peaceful and calm. I've been able to focus more on my goals and aspirations because of it, accept bigger challenges in this state of clarity. Escaping the leash that is my Blackberry has been a vacation in itself! 

I think the last half of the trip, Kyoto, Nara, and Tokyo, will get me back into the groove of things. It'll be more crowded and "touristy". Ahhh, sweet serenity! It is fleeting, but cleansing. Syonara, Tsuruoka!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive