Content

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Good Friends Have Good Timing

It's been a while, I know. One of my goals for this blog (beside the personal updates and photos) is to uplift/inspire/stay positive. I generally operate at a steady average stress level of 6 out of 10, but for the last two months, I've been hovering around 8 (theses level are exponential btw) so I've been laying low with the blogging, hanging out with friends, and burying myself in work. It's times like these, I discover who my good friends. With that said, I can count on my friends, near and far to be thoughtful, offer words of encouragement, and just crack a couple jokes get my mind off the things that don't really matter in the long run.

After a tense afternoon I went to check the mail. Yes, it's Sunday, but I often stay in on Saturday to chill like a hermit. I was excited to see that Olga's birthday present for me had arrived! The jog upstairs was totally worth it! This was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've received in a long time. The wrapping was beautiful and the words were just as warm. Thank you, Olga. You've always had great timing! This totally took my mind off things!


I love the wrapping! It's origami and smells like rice paper. Might seem random, but the wrapping was very fitting for the gift. EDIT: Jeff informed me that the writing says "Tanjo-bi omedeto" which means happy birthday.
It's a Minnie Mouse passport book with a "D" engraved! How awesome! Here's why it's fitting: I'm a huge Disney fanatic and I'm traveling to Japan in 8 days where I will be going to Disneyland Tokyo.
Aside from a lovely handwritten message, there was also this little envelop.
She also got me the City Walks guide to NY!!! Not even out yet! So cool! I love waiting for packages in the mail. This is a book about the different walking tours you can take by yourself in NY. (This gift is for a pending girls trip to NY for fashion week)

To Olga:
It's hard to believe that we are in a point in our lives where phone calls and mail are what it takes to cultivate our relationship. It's hard to believe that it's been a year since I've been home to see you and everyone. It's hard to believe that the reason I was last home was for your wedding! It's hard to believe that we're both well on out way to achieving our professional dreams. It's hard to believe that in a year, we'll both be done with school and taking some the most life changing tests of our careers. It seems like it was just last week that we were playing tennis and going to Math Team meetings after school. In the evolution of our friendship one thing remains true: we will never shake each other, no matter what!
With love, Desiree

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive