Content

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An Open Letter

Composed April 26, 1:36 AM

I graduated from law school today.  I didn't think I would feel different, but man did it feel good to be on be on the other side of that stage.  I lie awake now even though I was falling asleep to the movie we were just watching before bed.  My mind's restlessness might have something to with thinking about all the possibilities with the iPad I just ordered.  But I think it has more to do with the source than the actual iPad.  

My graduation was at the most inconvenient time possible.  Monday. 10 AM. After the spring breaks, right around midterms.  Considering that the people in my life work on weekdays, the show of support from my family and friends was overwhelming.  My parents came down from Seattle, Olga came down last week from Washington (but honestly, I think she'll do anything to get out of Yakima), both my bosses and Sara took time off from their very busy Monday calendar to watch me walk, and the people that couldn't make it in person gave me more than enough support and encouragement on the phone or in my visits earlier this month.  I was and still am pretty surprised at the sincere well wishes and congratulations from everyone.  As you  know, I'm selfish with my personal happiness so I'm already pretty proud, but it is really nice to be acknowledged by others every so often.

The people that rally behind you in your triumphs are as important as the people that rally behind you in your darkest hour.  While that might seem obvious, think about how easy it is to turn down an invitation someone's party down just because it's not convenient versus rushing to the aid of a friend when they need you regardless of convenience.  

Thank you to my friends and family for their generosity and unconditional support.


Pictures from graduation to come later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive