Content

Friday, November 5, 2010

Four...Five...Six...

I know I said would be away for a while, but what can I say, this blog keeps me focused. One of my favorite blogs, Art of Doing Stuff, has been doing a couple features on the secret to happiness. I totally agree with Karen, it's the little, sometimes, mundane things that bring brightness into my life when things look quite dim. I'm taking a queue from young Jessica with her daily affirmations (click here if you've been living under a rock and have no clue what I'm talking about). An ode to my previous post, One...Two...Three, here are the little things that make me happy.

Of course, photography. I'm not a photographer, I'm just an enthusiast with an obsession of learning everything about a subject. I think it's important to get back to basics and take it one step at a time when I'm feeling overwhelmed. For me, these photos (or things) invoke a feeling of instant and lasting happiness. Thought I'd share them with you.

I can't believe I missed/forgot about this photo! It's now one of my favorite pictures I've taken. It was like Christmas flipping through my Japan photos and stumbling across this one, I barely had to brighten it.

It's not a "my favorite things"post without the two things that make me happiest. I've entered the top one in Pioneer Woman's Four-legged photo contest here. Check out the other cute pets too!

Jeff got me a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye for our anniversary this year and the seller happened to have this beauty and another Pax to sell.
This is a Ricoh "35" circa 1955. All manual. I'm testing it out still. Fingers crossed!

Thanks, Emily, of The Anderson Crew, for the great silhouetting tips!

My magnetic desk organizer is definitely something that makes me smile every time I look at it. BTW, I LOVE post-its, It's right up there with snail mail...

Of course, even better than snail mail is beautifully hand folded snail mail.

I know, I know, I've shared this before. But I do love it. This picture means a lot to me. Sepia is not my style, but it best articulates the peace, the tenderness, and the fragileness of life portrayed here. I'm also really thankful that I got to be a part of this. I'm looking forward to documenting Allie's childhood.

These baby geese were so funny! I love how bright this picture is. And the how determined that goose looks.

Fortunes at one of my favorite shrines in Japan. Vacation Desiree was better at stopping to smell the roses, so to speak. Vacation Desiree took time to reflect and focus on positive energy much more frequently than Real Life Desiree. Needless to say, I'm taking a queue from my life abroad.

Just like Surely and Maeby, it wouldn't be a proper "My favorite things" post without a Disney photo. I love all the small details at Disneyland. You can find this guy under the roof of the wishing well near the castle on the Snow White entrance to Fantasyland.

From Olga's last visit to San Diego. Us on the teacups on Day 2 of her Bachelorette party.

Ok, for real this time, see you next week!

2 comments:

emily anderson says:
at: November 5, 2010 at 6:03 AM said...

the silhouettes look fab!

your photos are wonderful :)

BB says:
at: November 5, 2010 at 10:32 AM said...

love love love it!!!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive