Content

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I never like to visit someone's home empty-handedI'm visiting my cousins and (great) aunt and (great) uncle for Christmas lunch tomorrow. Here's a cute gift for my cousin who claims she can't cook. I made a skirt apron out of the small scraps of fabric they sell at Michael's and some ribbon. I paired it with a fun (almost) all inclusive cupcake making kit I found at Cost Plus World Market (best store ever!).


The apron was easy to make. Just iron it flat, fold up the edges to make a hem and iron that flat. Then sew the edges and ribbon across the top. If you don't have a sewing machine or the time to sew by hand, use liquid stitch (available at Joann Fabric). The material was light weight enough that liquid stitch will hold it together. I would also  sew the ends of the ribbon and apron just because that's where most of the wear will occur.


Have a wonderful Christmas and travel safely!

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive