Content

Sunday, March 13, 2011

In Cat Hair Hell

So we drove to Julian this weekend for a nice relaxing drive and some tasty pie.  Julian is about an hour east of San Diego, no problem right?

We've been on so many car rides, there was San Francisco, Seattle, camping in the Sequoias--one hour is a cake walk.
(Surely's favorite spot)

(Still typical behavior)

Turns out that the road to Julian is not a straight shot. It's very windy and elevated. The elevated part we expected, but the windy party was unpleasant to say the least.  Both cats got very sick...which made me really sick. Vomit, and hair everywhere.  The cats', not mine. Basically it ended with Jeff and I trading places and me behind the wheel.  Not to imply anything, but I don't think it was a coincidence that after the trade, the vomiting miraculously stopped, just sayin!

Finally, we arrived.
(The dutch apple pie with cinnamon ice cream)
The crust was perfect, but the filling was a little thin and too tart for my taste.  If you've ever had my apple pie you know it's packed with firm apples, and ooey gooey carmel.
The apple mountain berry pie on the other hand was just about perfect.  The filling was a great texture and a great balance of sweet and tart. The crust was crisp and flakey. This was a winner.

After pie, we went for a walk around town, by "town" I mean the street.
Surely lusting after the birds

That's a regular sized man and a tiny horse.

I scored a total awesome antique child's seat and desk from an antique shop.
This will be a fun project for my break. I have plans for this. In fact, there were a lot of other great props out there.  Next time I'm coming back with a truck!

The rest of the drive home was peaceful and pleasant, despite Jeff's expression. 

All in all, it was a good day; pukey but good.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive