Content

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Logistics

Here are somethings you need to know to reach me. I'll be back on August 25th. The end. ("Just kidding, kind of..." 10 points if you know what movie this is from.)

Time Zones: There is a 16 hour time difference between the west coast and Japan. So, for people back home on the west coast the easiest way to figure out what time it is for me is to add 4 hours to your time, then take the opposite of whatever you are for AM or PM. Example: 6PM pst-> 6+4=10PM-> 10 AM Japan time.

Email and Blog: We have internet at the apartment for sure, and maybe at some hotels. We will only be at the apartment on the green days marked below. On these days, I can check my emails, and blog. So these are the best ways to reach me when I'm not home. Note that it's in Japan time, so Thursday the 29th on the map is actually Wednesday the 28th PST, so I will not be available on Wednesday your time.
Skype: During the green days, I will try to remember to leave my Skype on. You can add me as SurelyMaeby or through my tweetledes email address. Be sure to identify yourself if it's not obvious from your username. Like g-chat, I'm usually invisible on Skype, So try messaging me anyway if it appears that I'm offline.

Blog updates: Since we are not always going to have internet, I will be blogging a few posts at a time and editing when I need to update something. I have a journal so the events will be written fresh. I have set my blog to publish automatically, so don't be offended if you see a new blog post, but I haven't gotten back to your email yet. Also, I'm keeping the timestamps on this blog as PST. So what is Tuesday, July 27th at 8:30 pm is actually written on, Wednesday, July 28th 12:30 pm Japan time.

Phone: Apparently, I have international service here, but it's $0.05 to receive texts, and $0.50 to send texts. I don't want to know how much it costs to call someone. So my phone is off. Please don't text me during this trip! Use the other methods!

Photos: I'll be taking way more pictures than I care to blog about, so check out my albums here. I will try to add captions to all of them so you know what's going on.

2 comments:

Olga says:
at: July 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM said...

WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO SOON!!! For some reason I thought you were leaving on the 28th! Have a great trip!

SurelyMaeby says:
at: July 27, 2010 at 10:44 PM said...

I told you I was leaving on the 26th! But I feel like I've lost a couple days, so I feel like I've arrived on the 28th.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive